Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing 8: Facebook

I enjoyed reading the article about Mark Zuckerberg…and to think how close he came to selling it to Yahoo. Within the past year, I created a Facebook account. Even though I originally set up an account to stay in touch and reconnect with family and friends, it has now expanded to including professional colleagues.

When I first set up my account, I was impressed by how quick and simple it was. Within minutes, I was able to find family members and friends. Within a few days, I was able to reconnect with friends from elementary school. I like the ability to be able to chat with someone in my Facebook account while reading what others posted, etc. This is a fun way to multi-task.

If people list their high school, it makes it easier to locate them since you can browse through the list of names.

No comments:

Post a Comment